Friday, August 23, 2013










"RAMPANT SWELL" TANDEM VINTAGE SURFBOARD, TAMPA

After customizing the SUPs for my Clients, I was referred to another super sweet vintage surfer in Tampa that really wanted to have a piece to commemorate her years of surfing and bonding with her surfer daughter.  She really just wanted something to depict the pipeline she loved.  I began be hunting down a vintage board and came across this big boy a few hours North of me.  A few minor repairs on the edges and massive fin needed some fiberglass and resin, but once again DEC Surf assisted and coached me through it.  This was the first real attempt to a 100% airbrush attempt and I feel I killed it!!  Once lacquered and packaged, this monster was ready for delivery to Tampa.  The reveal was an amazing experience.  She was just in awe and I knew right then and there, I hot the nail right on its' head!  Such a fun project to do...truly blessed to have clients like this trust my abilities off of a mere e-mail and phone conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment